Rihanna finally launched her most awaited makeup line called FENTY Beauty by Rihanna and it’s taking the whole internet world by storm. “Rihanna was inspired to create Fenty Beauty after years of experimenting with the best-of-the-best in beauty—and still seeing a void in the industry for products that performed across all skin types and tones. She launched a makeup line “so that women everywhere would be included,” focusing on a wide range of traditionally hard-to-match skin tones, creating formulas that work for all skin types, and pinpointing universal shades.”
It’s nothing like the other celebrity makeup line. Most celebrities would just team up or do a collaboration with a big makeup brand and call it a day. I’m not saying there’s something wrong with that, I’m just stressing that Fenty Beauty is very well thought, from the formula, packaging, and variety of shades. Her vision is to create something that will suit everyone.
The whole makeup collection is composed of the ff:
- PRO Filt’r Retouch Primer
- PRO Filt’r Foundation
- Match Stix Matte & Shimmer Skinstick
- KILLAWATT Freestyle Highlighter
- GLOSS BOMB Universal Lip Luminizer
- Invisimatte Blotting Powder & Paper
- Make Up tools (Foundation & Highlighter brush, makeup sponge)
I did pick up 2 of her products which is the Pro Filt’r Foundation & her Universal Lip Luminizer GLASS BOMB and that’s we’re gonna review today 🙂 Just a little DISCLAIMER: This post is not sponsored, all reviews are my own opinion. I am not expert with makeup, I only express what I think about these products base on my experience and taste.
Let’s jump into the foundation First:
PRO FILT’R FOUNDATION Shade 280 (Warm Peach)
It is a soft matte, buildable and long wearing foundation with 40 boundary-breaking shades. Yes, 40 shades! I’m in love with the glass bottle packaging and the best part is it has a pump. It is a medium to full coverage foundation that sells for $34 before tax. It feels very light on the skin and it feels like you don’t need to apply any powder, but in my case, I need to set it since I have oily skin. Just a little tip, make sure you shake it well before you use so the real shade comes out from the bottle and also for better coverage.
- Long Wearing
- Very lightweight, Buildable and it doesn’t feel tacky
- Wide variety of shades
- Great packaging (I love that it has a pump)
- it dries quickly so you need to be a little faster blending the product
- And since it dries quickly, I have to use 2-3 pumps to cover up my whole face and hide my imperfections
GLASS BOMB Universal LIP Luminizer
This is the only lip product in her makeup line so far but I heard she’s gonna come up with some more in the future (hopefully some red or dark lippies). Glass Bomb is a Universal Lip Gloss that will look good on anyone as Rihanna claimed. It has shea butter so it feels amazing on the lips and with it’s XXL Wand, the application is way easier. You can wear it on top of your favorite lipstick or you can just wear it alone. I love this product but I’m too crazy about it. Maybe I’m just not a Lip Gloss kinda girl but overall, this is a pretty good product.
- XXL Wand making the application easier
- Hydrating to the Lips
- It’s Shiny and Shimmery af
- Addicting peach-vanilla smell
- It’s tiny size is perfect for travelling
- 9ml Lip Gloss (COmpare to Kylie Cosmetics Lip Gloss that only has 2.6 ml)
- I honestly can’t think of anything
I’m so happy Rihanna came out with these amazing products. I couldn’t be more proud of her. Nobody will ever feel left out with all these amazing products she created. I can’t wait to try her highlighters and blotting powder soon!