Liquid foundation is a big part of my makeup routine. I have oily and acne prone skin so I need me a foundation that won’t break me out, makes my face matte and would last all day long. I found the best foundations in the drugstore aisle that does a very good job keeping my face camera ready. Just a little disclaimer here, I’m no expert with makeup, I’m just sharing my honest opinion about these foundations. We all have different skin types so what works for me might not work for you.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
Maybelline Fit me Matte Poreless Foundation is my most favorite drugstore foundation so far. I’ve been using this for awhile now and I literally use this every day. It’s gives me light to medium coverage and it lasts up to 6-7 hours of wearing it. It definitely gives me natural looking matte face although I still get oily on my forehead and my nose area after hours of applying this but that’s just really my face. I like to mix this foundation even on my high end foundations if I want a full coverage makeup without looking too made up.
- Wide variety of shades
- Makes my face Matte for hours & Minimizes the appearance of my pores
- Does not clog my pores
- Very Affordable
- Blends seamlessly like a natural skin.
- easy application (You can use a beauty blender, brush or just your clean hands)
- Packaging has no pump dispenser or dropper
- might not cover up all the imperfections, you might need to apply a concealer or mix this with a medium coverage foundation
L’oreal Infallible Pro- Matte Foundation
Here’s another holy grail foundation for those who have oily skin like me. It is a semi-matte foundation that is very lightweight and easy to blend. It gives my skin a natural finish and it looks even better after hours of applying it in my opinion. It’s medium to full coverage and it covers up my blemishes by just applying one layer. And best part of using this foundation is it doesn’t break me out.
- Mattifies face without looking flat & has natural finish
- Good coverage
- Lightweight and blendable
- It lasts long without caking or patching my face
- Very affordable
- might leave dry patches if you have dry skin (try the Pro-Glow formula instead)
Milani Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation + Concealer
I recently picked this Milani Foundation up at Walgreens and holy shmokes I fell in love with it right away. It’s a Foundation + Concealer in one! It gives me medium to full coverage and hides imperfections seamlessly in just 1 layer of application. It’s definitely a holy grail. And I appreciate the fact that it has a pump. This foundation is perfect for a night out and parties. I won’t recommend this foundation to wear on a hot day out, although it says it’s sweat proof but your face could get really cakey (maybe it’s just me) when you stay under the sun for a long time.
- Conceals imperfections perfectly
- Long wearing
- Very Affordable
- it has a Pump dispenser
- Feels a little heavy on the skin and can be cakey at the end of the day
- Very few shade range
- it has a scent (although it’s not that strong but my nose is sensitive to smell)
L’oreal True Match Foundation
This is my first love right here. Oldie but goodie as how I like to describe it. This is perfect for beginners when it comes to applying makeup. It’s a light to medium coverage foundation and is very lightweight. You’re gonna have to apply 2 or more layers to completely cover up your blemishes but this foundation is buildable though. I also appreciate that they have wide variety of shades from warm tone, cool tone to neutral tone and from lightest to darkest color. I just wish the packaging has a pump but oh well, I guess we can’t have it all.
- Wide color variety
- Very lightweight
- Buildable coverage
- Comes in lowest SPF hence won’t create white cast even on flash photography
- It looks natural
- It doesn’t break me out
- No pump
- Needs few layers to cover up blemishes
- needs to retouch 4-5 hours after application
I’ve tried so many foundations and I’m happy that I found foundations that are affordable yet works like a miracle. I’d love to know your favorite foundation & what you like about them so I can maybe try them and see if it will work for me too.