Life is not always fun, bliss and victory. Growing up, although I know I’m blessed but I’m also well aware how tough life could get. At young age, I’ve learned how to be grateful for every lil thing or effort I received from whoever. I’ve learned to find ways to be happy. To be down to earth. To see kindness in every person.
To suck it up even though it hurts coz I don’t want to cause any discomfort to anybody. I’m fragile. Weak as they thought. But, I’ve changed. Although I still am that lil girl but I learned when to detach myself from negative emotions and from destructive people. I might allow myself to cry but only for a lil while, then I’d look on the bright side.
In this life, you gotta acknowledge those negative emotions. Let it conquer you but not for long. You gotta allow yourself to be vulnerable coz that what makes you human. Then you gotta overcome it and move forward.
Cap is from The Hat Shop in Pier 39 SF. | Choker – Charlotte Russe
Little Tight Black Dress- H&M | Moss Green Bomber Jacket & Shoes from – Forever21
We wish that there’s always people that are willing to help us, guide us or tell us what to do. But they have their own burdens that they worry about. So at the end of the day, you gotta rely on the only person that won’t let you down, yourself.
Here’s some of the Life lessons from the book God Never Blinks (by Regina Brett) that I think would help you get through the day like a boss.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s all good
- Life is too short to waste time hurting anyone
- God never gives us more than we were designed to carry
- It’s okay to see your children see you cry
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their Journey is about
- Life is too short for pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save anything for special occasion. TODAY IS SPECIAL ENOUGH.
- No one else is in charge of your happiness. You are the CEO of your joy.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick, but your friends will. Stay in touch with them.
- Get rid if anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved