It’s crazy how time flies. Here I am thinking that 2013 was just last year, and Im still stuck on the thought that Im only 21 years old. I cant believe that another has gone by and looking back I realized that I was so hard on myself.
I cleared my mind this morning and wrote down the things that I realized this year and things I should work on in 2016.
11. YOU CAN’T PLEASE EVERYBODY. Just do what you think is right and what will make you happy. Don’t always worry about what they’re going to say or think, If you think you’re doing your best, you’re on the right track.
10. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE. Surround yourself with good people, they can raise you up. Avoid negative people, they will drag you down and will keep you there, dont permit them. Cut them out.
9. TRAVEL. Invest in memories and experiences not in material things. Go places, meet new people, learn their culture. Go out there and make your adventures.
8. GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. People who follow the crowd go nowhere. I know it’s scary out there but don’t let fear hinder you from doing things that you love. Nobody is ready for everything. Say Yes to opportunities and figure it out after.
7. RESPECT. Give it to receive it, if not reciprocated, respect them anyway but do not engage with them.
6. BE PATIENT. Things don’t happen over night. I know it’s frustrating but there’s perfect timing for everything. We gotta wait and trust me it’s going to be worth it.
5. BE YOURSELF. Express yourself. Wear what you want. Do what you want. Dont let society dictate you on who you should be, you are unique in your own way. Love your flaws.
4. STAY HUMBLE. “Two things define you: your patience when you have everything and your attitude when you have everything.” Keep your business lowkey. Work in silence. And always be thankful to those people who are helping you every step of the way.
3. BE KIND. ALWAYS. People are battling different fights, dont judge them by a certain action that they make because we dont know what they’re going through. Kind gestures cost nothing, share that everyday, everywhere to everyone.
“There’s a lot of good people in this world, if you can’t find one, be one.”
2. BE KIND TO YOURSELF. It’s okay to be vulnerable. Its okay to make mistakes. Stop. Breathe and cry if you need to. Forgive yourself. Your imperfections are what make you who you are. Do things that will make you feel happy. Dont let people walk over you, speak up and defend yourself if you must, but dont raise your voice.
Believe in yourself. Love yourself. Dont lose yourself.
Stay close to your inner self, it will benefit you in many ways.
Never lose your heart despite everything hurtful that happened to you.
Love someone, love yourself, love what you do.
Love hurts but love is all we need. You may not see or realize it right now, but it’s going to be worth it. We can’t foresee what’s gonna happen in the future but trust me, Love will win.
Love always wins.
Only few people know my story, and they know I’ve been through so much, So much that I thought I couldn’t make it but hey, Im still here. I am proud that I was able to get through it and I can still be a happy person after everything. I have learned so much and I am still learning.
CHEERS TO A POSITIVE 2016
It’s my year – Year of the Monkey